Activity for the Aug 21 total solar eclipse is developing. Interest in doing
propagation studies to explore the effect of totality on radio wave propagation
seems to be of particular interest.
    The activity I am going to do is to set up a station at center line and
stimulate the reverse beacon network. The change in received level is easily
recorded by the network. The eclipse is only 2.5min long, so there is not going
to be much data. One might also want to monitor signals that ordinarily would
propagate through the path of totality.
   I mention the efforts here because a KX2 and small antenna would not add to
the eclipse baggage and may provide a source of data that could be interesting.
   Here is a link to some of the events during the eclipse. Others are easily
found with a search of the internet. Feel free to contact me directly.  Doug
https://eclipse.aas.org/resources/citizen-science

 Dr.Doug Millar EdD.
K6JEY
drzarko...@yahoo.com