I do not have the internal antenna tuner but I believe that you do not
need the tuner on to access the added antenna port. This is an expensive
option just to add another port and I do not understand what this has to
to with SO2R. I ran SO2R and even SO2V many times using a single antenna
port.

John KK9A

WILLIE BABER said:

Now that I am totally doing so2r K3, I have reasons to use the second
antenna port available for k3/K3s.  I understand from the K3s manual that
the second port works off the internal tuner module.  If I understand
correctly, you can bypass the tuner and then select either of the two
antenna ports, OR select the tuner for either antenna port.  Is this
correct?

I have an old MP that I press into service just to have a radio with a
second port for contest-specific but misc. antennas.  An MP, modified like
mine, is good but of course it is not a K3.   Actually, dynamic range is
acceptable, at least in rural Idaho, but TX phase noise is noticeable in
so2r.

Due to my habit of using so2r K3 I may purchase the tuner just to get
access to that second port--so long as I am not forced to use the tuner on
either port.  Wouldn't it be nice to have a module that allows access to
the second port without purchasing the internal tuner?

I need access to both ports without the tuner, i.e., the tuner is bypassed
on either port.  I think this is want the manual is saying but I want to
be certain.

73, Will, wj9b

CWops #1085
CWA Advisor levels II and III