      From: Don Wilhelm <donw...@embarqmail.com>
 To: "j...@kk9a.com" <j...@kk9a.com>; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:53 AM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Product Idea - 25 Watt PA for the K3

John,

Historically, Elecraft has always offered options - on the premise that
"if you don't need/want it, you don't have to buy it".
As a result, the KPA3, KAT3, Bandpass filters for general coverage, 2nd
receiver, DVR, extra roofing filters are optional.

For instance, those who want a transceiver only to drive VHF/UHF
transceivers do not want to buy the 100 watt PA, nor the KAT3.  Those
who operate only QRP levels can pay for a K3S without the KPA3.

Certainly, it makes customizing your order a bit more involved, but you
end up with a transceiver that is tailored to your needs and operating
preferences.

73,
Don W3FPR