      From: Ron D'Eau Claire <r...@cobi.biz>
 To: 'Cameron Francey' <cameronfranceyut...@hotmail.com>;
elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2017 3:41 PM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Elecraft K2/10 Build and a lesson learned.

Glad it turned out well in the end, Cameron. All "solder jockeys" know how a
joint sometimes magically "desolders" itself.

You were lucky after all. Often the unsoldered joint is making contact with
the thru-plated hole and everything works - until a little oxide builds up
and the resistance climbs until the circuit is open - often months or even
years later. Of course by then a component failure is the prime suspect and
many hours can be lost looking everywhere but the solder joints.

Enjoy your new K2. I built mine in 2000 and it is still a FB rig.

73, Ron AC7AC