David,

I don't know the KX2 well enough to give you even a guess, although it is obvious that something is putting the KXPA100 into transmit. Do you have the ACC plug fully inserted - give it that extra bit of push.

But something is apparently wrong, and I suggest you contact K3support at Elecraft.

73,
Don W3FPR