Nick,

That is the implementation I have chosen for protection against accidents,
YMMV.
The hardest part of accomplishing that is removing the male #4 pin from the
mating connector.  Actually I can understand little advantage in using a
non-conductor, a chunk of wire works fine too, but certainly a toothpick
works just as well.

For those who do not understand Nick's comment, this is one method of keying
the AUX IO connector on the K2 - simply put a block in pin 4 of the
connector mounted on the K2 (or KPA100) and remove pin #4 from the mating
connector.  This prevents plugging in a cable with an unmodified connector.
There are other methods of accomplishing the keying that involve modifying
the connector shell - cut a notch in the male connector and solder a
projecting wire on the female.

73,
Don W3FPR