I've tested many "VGA extension" cables that do not have all 15 pins wired,
or short several pins together as a common ground.  They work fine for VGA
monitors, but should never be connected to any Elecraft product except the
P3SVGA external monitor port.

Many VGA cables include connectors without pin 9, obvious by visual
inspection.   Thinner "monitor" cables with ferrite beads on both ends
usually do not have all 15 pins wired either.

DE15HD - DE is the shell size, 15 pins, HD means High Density (3 rows).

Search your favorite UK Supplier for Amphenol CS-DSDHD15MF0 (male to
female) or CS-DSDHD15MM0 (male to male).  These cables have all 15 pins
wired straight through.

73,
Bob, N6TV