Jessie,
   thanks for the input.
On RTTY and other constant-envelope modes you can hear the RX antenna
relay switching at the start of the tx and again when the tx ends. But
on SSB it's really annoying as it continuously clicks (well, at least it
protects the radio! HI). Just wondering why the RX antennas are not
disconnected by the firmware while transmitting.

Ciao,
 Fabio
 IZ4AFW / IO4W / NZ1W

Il 04.03.2017 20:12, Jessie Oberreuter ha scritto:

>      The 2nd Rx port is on a relay, and not a particularly fast or quiet
> one in my K3.  I'd hate to operate QSK that way!  I could see a menu
> option that would activate it with a longer hang time, but you'd
> probably be better off with an external switch and/or front-end
> protector. -kb7psg
>

> On Sat, 4 Mar 2017, Fabio IZ4AFW / NZ1W wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>   I was thinking of a possible firmware improvement related to the
>> carrier operated relay.
>> I use my radio on a small lot and recently I added a short beverage
>> antenna for low-bands receiving. My main activity is single-op
>> contesting.
>> Because of the interaction between the tx antennas and the beverage, on
>> some bands I have the COR (carrier operated relay) activating when I use
>> high power.
>> I know the good solutions, but my point is different.
>> As I have the COR activating only when the RX Ant input is selected, why
>> doesn't the K3 firmware disable it when pushing the ptt?
>>
>> In fact, when I push the ptt I don't need the RX-ant part to be active,
>> as I'm transmitting, and -at least in my setup- I have no other
>> rigs/devices that need that input (I mean, no in-band receivers and so
>> on).
>> Instead of using external relays (ptt-activated) that cut out the rx
>> input when I am transmitting, why the K3 firmware just doesn't disable
>> the RX ant input on its own (and re-enables it if needed when releasing
>> the ptt)?
>> Maybe I'm missing something here, or that could be a nice improvement
>> for a next firmware release.
>>
>> Thanks for any comment,
>> Ciao 73
>> Fabio
>> IZ4AFW / IO4W / NZ1W
>>

>> ---
>> Questa e-mail è stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast
>> antivirus.

>> Message delivered to joberreu-elecr...@moselle.com

---