Alan,

With the K3, you do not need a bias resistor at all.  Just go to the
MENU MIC SEL and set it to aply bias - that is what the 'b' means.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 3/10/2017 5:49 PM, Alan. G4GNX wrote:
Sometime back I bought a W2ENY electret conversion kit for my Astatic mic but I
seem to have lost the bias resistor/jumper that came with it and there’s no
value specified in the instructions.

I see that the bias resistor used with the Elecraft MH2 microphone is specified
as 5K6. As I want to use the (converted) Astatic with my K3, I wonder if this
value seems sensible to maintain the correct bias and prevent max bias current
going over 10mA?

73,

Alan. G4GNX

Message delivered to donw...@embarqmail.com