Hello group,

I am now a proud owner of the brand new KX2 which arrived few days ago
straight from CA. Being also a proud owner of an old and fully upgraded K3
I found this little rig very familliar to operate and navigate. Very lovely
package of all what you need on QRP, including the battery pack and the key
paddle! I am especially amased by the built-in microfone - it works very
nicely and I am re-descovering the SSB mode being mainly the CW op! The RX
audio quality  of SSB signals is outstandingly pleasant even with this
small speaker! The general sensitivity of the receiver though  seems a bit
too low compare to the K3 thus the preamp is needed most of time even with
good antennas. But that is no problem.

A strange bug appears to live in the radio. It only related to 80m band LSB
mode. It is not possible to get the signal transmitted if you are on 80m on
power-up or if you come to 80m LSB from another band. Pushing Xmit or mics
PTT puts the rig into transmit mode but RF meter shows no output. If you
want to transmit, you have to change the mode into CW, transmit a dot or so
( it always works on CW ok ) then change back to the LSB mode and then only
it starts transmitting your SSB signal out. The bug is NOT related with the
" RF in the shack" case, it is there with different antennas and the dummy.
The bug is permanently there and does not depend on battery supply,
voltage, etc. I have also tried to reload the latest firmware , no change.
So I think it could be the firmware problem.

Would be interesting to know if anybody else experiencing the same strange
effect?

72! de Linas LY2H
KX2 #1488
K3 #1568 S-upgraded