[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I recently completed my K2.  I assume that it has the very latest
firmware.  Although it works fine with k2Remote, it doesn't work
reliably with any third-party software that I've tried.   I've tried
the latest version of dxLab commander, HamRadioDelux, and even
purchased HamStationExtreme.  Comander won't even connect with the
K2. HRD keeps stalling when updating the frequency display.

I've used HRD and N4PY as well as various contest logging programs with absolutely no problems. Are you using a real serial port on your computer or a USB-to-serial adapter? Some of these adapters do not work properly in this application.

I would agree with W3FPR that the place to look for the problem is on the computer end. A hardware problem in the K2 would probably prevent it from working with K2Remote, and too many people are using these other programs successfully to implicate the K2 firmware.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco