From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of
j...@kk9a.com
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 6:36 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Linear thoughts

I still have not seen the Genius pricing. I'm not sure what ever happened to
the Acom 1200S.  Many people use the SPE 1.3KW on expeditions, I wonder how
easy it is to hook it up to the K3S.  The KPA-500 works nicely with the K3S but
giving up 4.5dBs is considerable, a KPA-1000 would be hard to resist.

John KK9A

From: Gary K9GS
Thu Mar 16 19:19:38 EDT 2017

I think that the ship has sailed with respect to Elecraft bringing a legal
limit SS amp to market.

There are a growing number of lightweight legal limit amps already on the
market.  The FlexRadio Power Genius looks especially promising:
http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/powergenius-xl/

It only weighs 33 pounds.  I saw it in operation at the Orlando HamCation and
it looked very impressive operating all weekend into a dummy load at a
conservative 1.5 kw output.

SPE also just announced a 1.5 kw amp..something I'm surprised they did given
that they already have a 1 kw, 1.3 kw, and a 2kw amp on the market.  I know of
several people that have the 1 kw amp and use it with their K3 radios and they
love them.  I've used the big SPE amp in CQWW CW and it worked flawlessly all
weekend without a hiccup.

delivered to ct...@ewnetinc.com