I bit the bullet and upgrade from Win 7 to 10 this morning in an effort to
address some issues I just couldn't live with any longer. All was fine
until I plugged the USB cable from my K3 into the computer and nothing. No
recognition what so ever. I went to the Elecraft site and downloaded and
installed FTDI and Prolific drivers though I think it needed FTDI. Still
nothing. I'm puzzeled though as I downloaded two different FTDI driver
packages. One was an install package and the other is a folder with no
obvious setup file for installation. The folder is labeled CDM v2.12.26
WHQL Certified. That's probably the one I needed to install but am at a
loss in how to do that. Some advice would be appreciated.

Rick, W2JAZ