Have you actually tried the device on another PC? Could be that it's coincidentally died.

73,

Alan. G4GNX

-----Original Message----- From: Richard Lawn
Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2017 2:00 PM
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] k3 not Seen By Computer after OS upgrade

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I've examined the device manager
for anything that looks suspicious marked with a question mark exclamation
mark or other such indications that something is a miss but there is
nothing there. That would make it easy to fix as some of you have
suggested. The strange thing is that I plugged in my ERC USB rotor control
which uses the same ftdi driver and it was immediately recognized no
problem. I've looked at the windows ftdi device driver in Programs and
Features and attempted to uninstall it and it doesn't allow me to do that
and instead shows a long list of terminal prompts and commands for this and
that which is above my pay grade so to speak. I'm going to talk with a
couple of elmers on the phone today who might be able to walk me through a
solution. I, also going to use a terminal routine to look for any sort of
ghost ports which I've done in the past. That could be the problem.

73 and tnx to everyone who offered suggestions
Rick, W2JAZ