Search for Digikey 563-2071-ND or 563-2069-ND

Both look like possible fits

________________________________
From: Dave Redfearn <n4...@bellsouth.net>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 8:42 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] K2 bad encoder?

I just got a used K2 which came from an estate.

Not much info but it looks like it was built in 2000, serial number 02136.

When trying to tune, it looks like the encoder is not working properly.

When tuning clockwise (up) the frequency barely moves even when turning the

knob rapidly.

When tuning counterclockwise (down) the frequency moves a little more but

not much even when turning the knob rapidly.

Other frequency control functions work - step, VFO A/B, band up/down

To me this looks like the encoder is bad.

I do not see any info in the manuals on troubleshooting the encoder.

Is there anything I can test to verify the encoder or do I need to go

directly to Elecraft for a replacement?

Thanks for any help.

73,

Dave Redfearn