From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Richard
Thorne
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2017 11:32 AM
To: Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Elecraft] Amp Thoughts: 1000 watts or 1500 watts?

I have a pair of KPA-500's for an SO2R setup.  Seamless.

I've been running the numbers on the advantage of going to 1000 or 1500 watts.

500 watts to 1000 watts - 3.01 db gain
500 watts to 1500 watts - 4.77 db gain

Will the increase from 1000 to 1500 watts or a 1.76 db increase in gain,  make
a difference? I'm sure it would in some circumstances, but how often?

I'm just starting on my quest to increase my dxcc totals on 80 and 160, so
maybe that 1.76 db would be the difference between a having a qso or not having
a qso.

What are the thoughts of the serious low band guys?

Thanks

Rich - N5ZC

delivered to k9...@live.com