While it would be pretty cool if the KX2 was IP55 or better rated, at
present I don't find it to be a problem on the trail that it doesn't have
that level of protection.  If its raining or blowing sand/snow/dirt and I'm
not in a tent, I'm doing something other than playing with a radio. Maybe
I'm just not dedicated enough to radiosport...

72
Chip
AE5KA