I have just put finishing touches on a Serial Port Expander for use with the
KX3/KX2 series of transceivers. The device will plug into a regular or USB
serial adapter (DE-9M) like the standard KUSB from Elecraft.

I have posted a PDF document on my web site at http://nr4c.net/projects
<http://nr4c.net/projects>.

I use SMD resistors and transistors to switch the DTR and RTS lines for CW and
PTT. It also has the RXD & TXD signals use for cat control. It makes the KX
transceivers look like a K3 to your logging software such as DXLabs and n1mm.

The circuit board may be ordered from Oshpark.com <http://oshpark.com/> for
$3.40 for 3 boards so interest a friend or two. There. Is a link in the doc for
this service.

I have included links to Mouser.com <http://mouser.com/> for the transistors
and resistors as well. They are very inexpensive but the shipping will get you
if you don't order some other stuff.

You can email me if you have any questions.

BTW:  I have a limited supply of the transistors and resistors avail for $2.00
for 3 each (in case you lose one) if you supply a SASE and 2 bucks. Email first
as these are first come first served. No, I don't have any circuit boards at
this time.

Sent from my shack
...nr4c. bill

nr4c at iCloud dot com