The connections are that same to run any soundcard data modes - JT65 is just one of many soundcard data mode applications.

Things are a bit easier if you use an external soundcard, but it will work fine with the internal computer soundcard. If you use the internal soundcard, be certain to turn off systems sounds so you do not transmit those beeps and bops over the air. With an external soundcard, make certain it is *not* the default soundcard.

Connect the soundcard Line Out (or spkr) to the K3 LINE IN jack, and the soundcard Line In to the K3 LINE OUT jack. You may have to switch your soundcard input from MIC to LINE IN.

Then you will need to connect a COM port to the K3 RS-232 input (or the PC connector on the P3 if you have the P3 in your station). No real COM ports, use a USB to Serial Port adapter - FTDI chipset is preferred.

Those are the physical connections, and are applicable to any computer, Mac, Linux, or Windows.

Tell the software used for Date Modes which COM port is connected to the K2, and tell it which soundcard to use. The setup stuff varies from application to application.

Set the K3 to DATA A data submode and MIC SEL to LINE - set the filter width for maximum unless you have reasons to 'home in' on a particular signal on the waterfall.

Adjust the K3 LINE output level to something that produces a good waterfall color. You may have to also adjust the soundcard input slider to achieve that condition. It is best not to exceed a K3 setting of 10 for LINE OUT to minimize distortion.

Once you have receive going, then you can concentrate on transmit. Set the K3 to TX TEST so you do not transmit RF (but all else works). From the software application, do a transmit. Then adjust the K3 LINE IN gain (MIC GAIN) and the soundcard output level to achieve 4 bars solid on the ALC meter with the 5th bar flashing.

That is the whole story. It does not matter what the computer, or what the data mode application may be, the connections and the setup are the same.

I understand that the Mac has a special TRRS connector for its internal soundcard line in and line out, but that is totally resolved with an external soundcard. For data modes, the soundcard does not have to be exotic, it is only for Panadapter displays with the computer that an expensive soundcard is needed.

73,
Don W3FPR