Geoff:

Yes, it does seem that cattle raising entails some bizarre problems. Back when I worked for the Tennessee Valley Authority we held hearings on a proposed 500 KV transmission line, one end of which was to terminate at the Phipps Bend Nuclear Plant. One person objecting to the proposed installation was a dairy farmer through whose farm the line would pass. He was not worried about the proximity to stray voltage or the very large electric field associated with such lines. Despite the fact that he was over a hundred miles from the plant, his concern was that his cows would be exposed to all that radioactive electricity.

73,

Steve
AA4AK