Missed the original post, but if this is a "first" radio, well, I've noticed that we all seem to buy something, use it a while, learn, our interests change, we trade for something different.

That first choice depends a bit on what the OP wants to do (100w is probably important) and it's good to get something expandable, but...

Perfect is the enemy of good enough, and a solid used K3 is going to be better than "good enough."

73 -- Lynn