I had similar trouble related to the synthesizer boards on a K3. On the newer
KSYN3A boards there is a green LED on the top edge of the board that should be
ON if the board is working ok. You mentioned a sub RX so you should have two of
these boards mounted against the back of the front panel.

In any case, if the main KSYN3 board dies, everything acts as you've described.
If the sub RX KSYN3 board dies, only the sub RX is affected. So there is a
chance you could swap the KSYN3 boards and bring the main K3 back to life at
the expense of no sub RX.

Just a thought - bit of a pain to swap those boards.

Geoff - W1OH

Sent from my iPhone

Geoff Allsup, W1OH       gall...@whoi.edu or w...@whoi.edu
Senior Engineer                         Upper Ocean Processes Group
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution            Woods Hole, MA