Hi Fred,

Thanks very much for the reply.

I tried the first exercise.  With VFO NOR enabled, the frequency remains
constant.  With VFO OFS enabled, the frequency decreases by 60 KHz which, I
guess, is my CW pitch.

When I am operating, and i switch from SSB to CW, I have to retune which I find
very inconvenient.  You can lose a weak station while trying to retune.

So, if I understand correctly, I should enable VFO OFS so I don’t have to
retune?  Or, should I set my CW tone to zero?  I’m still a bit puzzled.

73,

John
WA1EAZ