I am the current owner of a K2 and KX3 with all the add ons possible.  I
also have the PX3 and KPXA 100.  I am happy with my setup.  It is the finest
rig combination that I have had in 35 years as a ham.  I love it's
flexibility for operating portable by using only the KX3, or with the PX3.
Disassembly and reassembly of connections can get tedious when I am
operating portable often and have to make the switch back and forth.

I keep reading all the great things about the K3 and K3S.

I also see that there are now good opportunities to purchase a used K3, many
with the upgrades to make them more like a K3S.

For those of you who have KX3 and a K3 that has been upgraded to have most
(not sure what is not possible to upgrade) of the features of the K3S,  What
does the K3 as far as receive performance and other key features have, that
are an improvement/enhancement over what I have with the KX3?

The reason I ask, is that if I ever have additional funds available, I am
trying to figure out if it would be advisable to upgrade to a used K3 that
has been upgraded, and buy a P3, and use my KX combination for more portable
use.

I just don't know if it is worth buying a used K3 and P3 when I have the KX3
line.   I know I am the one who would have to make that final decision, but
I would welcome any thoughts by current upgraded K3/P3 owners who also have
the KX3.

Thanks,

Terry de N7TB