Mark,

If you are using PTT from FLDIGI, that alone will cause the TX LED to turn on.

I assume you are using the CODEC in the K3S - if so, do you have anything plugged into the K3S LINE IN jack? That alone could be the problem - LINE IN overrides the line out audio from the CODEC.

If the LINE IN jack is empty, then put the K3S into TX TEST mode (or connect a dummy load) so you do not emit any RF on the air. Check the MIC SEL menu to make sure it is set to LINE when if DATA A mode.

Then set the soundcard LINE OUT level to about 75% in the computer.
Put FLDIGI into transmit and adjust the Line In gain (MIC GAIN) to achieve 4 bars solid on the ALC meter with the 5th bar flashing. That is the proper audio level for soundcard digital modes - leave it set there.

Ignore the info in the FLDIGI instructions which say to set the power at maximum and control the power level with the audio level. That is for other transceivers - for the K3/K3S, follow the instructions in the K3/K3S manual.

73,
Don W3FPR