Don,

Good tip. I just checked again, making sure I wasn't in contact with anything,
and got the same result. I confirmed the accuracy of my DMM against several
resisters from my spare parts inventory, and received accurate readings in the
lower resistance ranges, but did not have anything in higher resistance, or
enough smaller resisters to string together in series to verify the 2M range
setting of the meter. It is a no-name meter I bought from a hardware store a
few years ago, and I have a new one on my wish list. But at this point I have
no evidence that this meter is inaccurate.

Although I have not had the opportunity to connect the unit to an antenna
system, the rest of the functionality tests out fine so far.

Thanks!

Brian Heinitz
KI7LKB
n17...@gmail.com