Martian New Years special event station K3M (I'll be using my mighty (?)
K-1)will operate tomorrow, 06 May 2017 from @1400-2000 UTC from Mars, PA. We
will also be activating W3EXW DStar repeater during the Friday and Saturday
event.  We will be using REF063A.  There will be PSA on REF063C to direct
traffic to the REF063A reflector. Mars, PA is about 25 mi north of Pittsburgh,
PA. The special event station is in conjunction with the Mars, PA "Martian New
Year Festival"which features programs and exhibits from NASA, the Jet
Propulsion Lab and  the CarnegieScience Center.  The phone ops plan to operate
@55kHz up from the bottom of the phone band on 40 and 20whilst I'll be banging
away @55 kHz up from the bottom of the CW portions of 40 and 20. If you are in
the area, NHARC will be operating out of the Miniature RR Pavilion on the
groundsof the Historical Society on the south side of town.  Look for the red
B&O caboose and 1888train station.  We will be behind the train station.
  From the ARRL Contest Update: The North Hills Amateur Radio Club (NHARC) will
be commemorating the Martian New Year  with a special event station in Mars,
PA, on May 6, 2017, as part of the event. The Martian New Year only happens
every couple of years, Earth-time. Though the town features a 'mid century
modern' looking gen-you-wine flying saucer, the activities on May 4 - May 6 are
focused around STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics)
activities, and will include NASA participation. Look for their call, K3M, on
20 and 40 meter phone and CW.  QSLs go to N2MA. (Tim, K3HX) Marvin may make an
appearance!  Sirius-ly! 73, Tim K3HX