Mine typically undershoots after a band change.

OTOH, if I set Config -> Tune Pwr to Nor, activate Tune and adjust the K3S to drive the KPA500 to 500W for example, when I hit the key to transmit I get 600W.

Power control in the K3 is, shall we say, different from analog control and not without its idiosyncrasies.

Wes  N7WS