Hello Elecraft group,
I don't own anything made by Elecraft yet however I have been shopping for
an HF rig to get active again (I have been off the air for a number of
years for personal reasons). I really like Elecraft's products, and I am
intrigued by the 'software definable radio' possibilities in this new breed
of amateur radio equipment design.

I have a question though, related to what can or can't be done with an
Elecraft SDR transceiver*. Is the source "code" able to be modified by the
End User?* Or is it proprietary in some way so that only those at Elecraft
can touch the code? I have been monitoring this list for while now and have
yet to read anything like, "hey check out this cool change I made on the
Elecraft KX3 code! Before the radio only did this - now it does this!" and
next thing you know there are some very cool user modified code being made
available. Like, the ham being able to add their call into the code? (see this
example
<https://spacemodels.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/customized-display-kx3.jpg>
)

73's
Mike AB7RU

PS I tried to send this with the image attached and it got kicked back with
an error message so apologies if is a duplicate email list submission from
me.