I am trying to make a Kuhne 23cm transverter work with my K3 with a KXV3B
transverter interface. I have it mostly set up on an IF of 28MHz  and as
transverter 2. The Kuhne wants a watt or so to drive it. The problem is that it
looks like to get a watt out of the K3, I need to have it hooked up to the main
antenna instead of the KXV3B. The problem I see is that if I forget that the
transverter is hooked up to Ant 1 and go on HF it looks like I'll blow the
transverter.
   The work around I have figured out so far is to use the transverter on Ant.2
and HF on Ant. 1, since the antenna is memorized on a per band basis, that
might keep me out of trouble. This K3 is a spare and only rarely used on HF.
    Has anyone else figured out a different way? Will this work? Any other
ideas?
    Thanks, Doug K6JEY
 Doug Millar
K6JEY