With all due respect, I think the K3/P3 is a classic design, including the
man-machine interface.  Not a square nanometer of wasted real estate,
everything is where I need it the most and when I need it quickly.
Graphics, interactivity, not too much, not too little, just the right
touch.  It is quite clear that a great deal of thought and iteration went
into laying it out.  In that sense, it's like my Collins S-Line, another
obviously well thought-out intuitive classic design that is a delight to
operate.  So bedecking either of these with a multicolor touch screen is
not something that appeals to me personally.  Jim Ewing N4TMM

On May 30, 2017, at 5:59 PM, Thom <k...@ki8w.com> wrote:

> I was turning the knob on a K3S at Dayton and thought to myself...this
looks like the display on my 10 year old Kenwood TS-570D.  Come to think of
it maybe Kenwood needs to update the displays on most of there radios too.