On 6/1/2017 8:11 AM, Ray W2RS via Elecraft wrote:

> With no load, my AC line voltage is 121 and my power supply voltage
> is 73.  With full load, the readings are 111 and 53, respectively.
> That is with the yellow transformer tap in place.  Should I switch to
> another tap?
As Josh said earlier, be very concerned about the10 volt drop in the AC
voltage measured at the load.  Depending on the "amp-feet" of the
circuity feeding the load, the drop for a 1 KW AC load should be no more
than the industry standard of 2 volts.

 If you have the opportunity, put the amplifier on a dummy load and
measure (CAREFULLY) the AC voltage at the entrance panel, the socket if
it's a duplex one, and the load taps.  This will tell you where the drop
is occurring.  I can't emphasize it more - BE CAREFUL.  As an EE you
know that.

(Among other things my company designs comm station AC and DC power
installations - if you need help, just ask.)

Ray - contact me directly.  Our paths have crossed way back when......

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane (since 1952)
Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402

VP - General Counsel & Engineering Manager
CSI Telecommunications, Inc. - Consulting Engineers
San Francisco, CA - Beaverton, OR