Don et al,
I'm not sure why the entire post didn't come through - (please reference
link:
http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/K3-Macro-query-td7558469.html#a7631362)

Here's the original post:

I need some help understanding SWH/SWT commands and assignments to
PF[1|2]|M[1-4]keys:

I'm trying to assign a MACRO5 to PF1; but it fails to perform the SWT19
function...  Please see tests below...

Reference K3...KX2 Programmers Reference Guide G1; page 25
TAP       HOLD  nn
XMIT      TUNE  16
ATU Tune  ATU   19

Here are the macros:
MACRO1:  SWH16;
MACRO2:  SWT16;
MACRO3:  SWH19;
MACRO4:  SWT19;
MACRO5:  IS*1500;BW0280;AN1;MN023;MP002;MN255;PC100;SWT19;

When I execute from the K3 Utility Rev 1.16.7.25:
Macro Executed  K3 Response
MACRO1:         Manual Tune On/Off
MACRO2:         Enable Transmit On/Off
MACRO3:         Turned ATU On/Off
MACRO4:         Performed Auto Tune Function
MACRO5:         All values/functions complete successfully

Assign to M[1-4] as TAP (All works as expected)
Macro Executed  K3 Response
MACRO1:         Manual Tune On/Off
MACRO2:         Enable Transmit On/Off
MACRO3:         Turned ATU On/Off
MACRO4:         Performed Auto Tune Function
MACRO5:         All values/functions complete successfully

Assign to M[1-4] as HOLD (ERROR w/MACRO5)
Macro Executed  K3 Response
MACRO1:         Manual Tune On/Off
MACRO2:         Enable Transmit On/Off
MACRO3:         Turned ATU On/Off
MACRO4:         Performed Auto Tune Function
MACRO5:         All values/functions complete successfully EXCEPT SWT19

Assign to PF[1-2] as HOLD (ERROR w/MACRO5)
Macro Executed  K3 Response
MACRO1:         Manual Tune On/Off
MACRO2:         Enable Transmit On/Off
MACRO3:         Turned ATU On/Off
MACRO4:         Performed Auto Tune Function
MACRO5:         All values/functions complete successfully EXCEPT SWT19

---
Jim Bates
(804) 690-9143