Yes, i've used the KX3 for both the FM and linear birds. It works quite
well, except for the power level. 3 watts on 2mtrs is a little low for the
birds. Yes, it can be done, and it can be done with an Arrow, IF you pick
the right time. On the west coast, pick a pass late at night and a west of
the coast pass and you have a good chance of making it. But on the other
hand, you might also be the only one on! CW, no problem at 3 watts, except
there are few of us on cw on the birds. I would suggest a little
amplification - like 10 to 20 watts.

On receive, the KX3 works even better! No receive amplification is
necessary at all.

--
Mike Herr
WA6ARA

No trees were killed in the sending of this message, however, a large

"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate
and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty - a K&E 20-inch Log-log
Duplex Decitrig." - Robert Heinlein