I have not tired the Yamaha CM500 but if I recall correctly it does not have
any replaceable parts. Where is the mic on the Grado SR-60?  For mic-less
contests I use the Sony MDR 7506 that K9YC recommends and I could not be
happier.

John KK9A

Walter Underwood wrote:
Sun Jun 11 19:28:53 EDT 2017

Not sure I'd rate the Yamaha CM500 headset drivers as "outstanding". When my
Grado SR-60 headphones died (after 15 years), I tried using the CM500 for
music. That idea lasted about a day before I ordered new Grado phones. The
current SR60e model is $80, so not that different from the Yamaha in terms
of cost.

The CM500 is perfectly fine for voice communication work.

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood
CM87wj