Just spray the inside of the trash container with Fabric Softener. As to the ones in the box, same thing. Static gone.

73

Bob, K4TAX

On 6/17/2017 3:20 PM, Dauer, Edward wrote:
Just received a K2 kit via UPS -- my third in fact -- and spent 20 comical
minutes trying to empty out the styrofoam packing peanuts.

They come, apparently, fully charged.  They cling to my fingers.  They cling to
my shirt.  They cling to the outer shipping box.  After I get about ten
handfuls into a small trash bag the common charge results in the smaller pieces
flying out again.  Back onto my fingers.  Grabbing them with one hand while
holding a cold water faucet with the other didn' t help at all.

Whenever I get a kit I feel as if I have to do the electrostatic equivalent of
a detox shower before I do the parts inventory.  Isn't there some good
substitute for these accursed things?  Maybe like their ancestors -- real
peanuts?  At least you can eat those while you're unpacking the kit . . .

Ted, KN1CBR

Message delivered to rmcg...@blomand.net