Hi All,

I am considering using my T1 to tune a couple of attic antennas, a 40 mtr
dipole with drooping ends, and a horizontal loop of about 130 feet total
length, as close to the feed point of each antenna as possible to reduce losses
in the coax from shack to attic.  I would plan to use a relay to select between
the antennas, the placement of same which would keep the coax length to about 6
feet after the relay to one antenna, and zero feet to the other.  Directly
prior to the relay (toward the transceiver) I would place the T1.  I would use
a small reed relay mounted in a pill box or something similar, to plug into the
external tune jack on the side of the T1 to initiate the TUNE cycle, and
observe the SWR on a separate SWR meter in the basement shack to know when the
tune-up is finished.  My concern is the heat buildup in the attic during our
hot, sticky Virginia summers.  Has anyone else tried to do this, and how did
the T1 take the heat?  It's a great little tuner, but I doubt it was designed
to take 120+ degree heat for extended periods.  Any thoughts and observations
will be appreciated.   BTW, 10 watts from my K2 will be the max expected power
for this setup to handle.

72,

Ken, NU4I