Along with all Ron's good comments, I would like to add one more technique
for clearing solder filled holes or holes partly filled with solder - a
tapered stainless steel needle.  Heat the hole and the needle and when it is
hot enough push the needle through and the solder will easily clear.

The only condition is that the component lead has already been removed -
easy enough if you cut the pins and pull them out one at a time.

If you can't pick up one of these tools at a hamfest, a large sewing needle
glued into a small hole drilled into a 1/4 inch dowel (dowel long enough to
serve as a handle - your choice for the length) will do the job nicely.

73,
Don W3FPR