-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Dave Sublette
Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 3:33 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net; John
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] (no subject)

I'm not trying to jump on the "down with MFJ" bandwagon, but I had an
amusing incident with the fine folks at MFJ.  I stopped by to see them
at their booth at a large hamfest to discuss a problem I was having with
their 300 watt amp for two meters.  In spite of careful tweaking and
adequate drive and power supply, I could only get 240 watts output, as
measured on my Bird wattmeter, I asked the MFJ "engineer" on duty if
that was within normal tolerances for manufacturing for this amp.  His
reply was, "You can't trust those Bird wattmeters." I Quickly thanked
him for his time and left.  I could see no reason to waste any more of
my time.

Dave, K4TO

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Despite all the disparaging comments re MFJ, I've never had any problems
> with the numerous items I've purchased from them.
>
> Disclaimers ON.
>
> Doug
> W6JD

> From: John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

>> On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 10:06:53 -0700 (PDT), Phil,K2ASP wrote:
>>
>> "But but but.... the MFJ gadget costs in the $150 range. Got to keep
>> the economy of Mississippi going after the hurricanes....!!
>>
>> --
>> 73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane".....
>>
>> Thank you Phil!
>>
>> John, KD5EJA, Long Beach, MS (that's on the once beautiful MS Gulf
Coast!)