From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Craig LaBarge
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 5:45 AM
To: erw....@gmail.com; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] OT: 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 power outlets

Gene:

I have a 2017 Silverado 1500 double-cab.  The 12V outlet on the dashboard is
on all the time.  There's one inside the center console and one on the rear
of the console (for rear passengers) that are switched.

I don't know what the current ratings are but I use the one in the rear to
power my Yaesu FT-8800 dual-band rig at full power (50W on 2M) with no
issues.  I occasionally use the one on the dash to power an APRS tracker (8
watts).

I haven't used an HF rig with the power outlets but on VHF/UHF I have no
detectable noise.  Again, I don't know if that would be the case at HF.

Hope this helps.

73, Craig WB3GCK
http://wb3gck.craiglabarge.com/

delivered to pin...@erols.com