From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Phil Hystad
Sent: Sunday, July 2, 2017 11:57 AM
To: elecraft <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Elecraft] KX2 with KXPA100

I plan to acquire the KXPA100 to use with my KX2 while at the home station.
Usually, I use my KX2 QRP in the field but I thought a 100-watt boost would be
nice sometimes.  It is backup to my full K-Line.

Since I also have a second KAT500, I plan to NOT buy the internal antenna tuner
with the KXPA100 (at this time).

The Fred Cady document describing the KPA500 and KAT500 describes an interface
scenario of the KX3 with the KXPA100 —> KPA500 —> KAT500.  This configuration
shows the need for a key line connection between KAT500 PTT relay and the
KXPA100 (in addition to KPA500 which I will not be using).  Also, a keying
cable between a KX3 to KXPA100 adapter and the KAT500 (which are part of the
KXPA100 cable configuration kits that I will also be acquiring).

Is there anything other than described above that I need to know to support the
KX2—>KXPA100—>KAT500 configuration?

73, phil, K7PEH

delivered to k9...@live.com