Don't know if anyone else has experienced this but this morning I get this message from Norton that the P3utility program is a threat named "Heur.AdvML.C" and that P3Utility.exe has been removed.

Don't know if the recent major upgrade of Windows had any effect or most likely it is due to the low number of P3Utility users that also have Norton installed as they show less than 100 users.

Expect this is just another of those cases where Norton is flagging because of few users so just going to reload.

Pasted below is the Norton explanation. No need to flame Norton, I understand its peculiarities just posted for information only.

73 Dave K5MWR

Filename: p3utility.exe
Threat name: Heur.AdvML.CFull Path: c:\program files (x86)\elecraft\p3 utility\p3utility.exe

____________________________

____________________________

On computers as of
11/27/2016 at 10:45:58 AM

Last Used
7/4/2017 at 07:07:08 AM

Startup Item
No

Launched
No

Threat type: Heuristic Virus. Detection of a threat based on malware heuristics.

____________________________

p3utility.exe Threat name: Heur.AdvML.C
Locate

Few Users
Fewer than 100 users in the Norton Community have used this file.

Mature
This file was released 1 year 4 months ago.

High
This file risk is high.

Source: External Media

Source File:
p3utility.exe

File Actions

File: c:\program files (x86)\elecraft\p3 utility\ p3utility.exe Removed