From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Don Wilhelm
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 8:25 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Signing "/QRP"

I recall my first contact after getting my KX3.  It was on SSB.  I did not
indicate my power level until well into the contact, and the other operator
said "I cannot believe you are running only 10 watts."

So much for the /QRP signing, you can make contacts, and that is what
counts.

It all depends on the attitude of the operator on the far end of the QSO.
There are several who will ignore any operator who signs /QRP, so in
general, I would discourage doing so.

OTOH, if you are looking for only other QRP stations, then by all means use
it.

For brevity of exchanges, I would discourage it in contests and operations
like Field Day - the added suffix will only interfere with the receiving
operator's 'rhythm".

73,
Don W3FPR

delivered to tony....@verizon.net