Dave,

You can use the Alternate VFO B display of AFV to give better resolution than the S-meter. See page 36 of the K3 manual. You must have the CONFIG: TECH MODE turned on to show the AFV entry.

If you want to see the difference between two values, there is also the DBV alternate VFO B display which will show the difference in dB between 2 noise or signal settings.

73,
Don W3FPR