Of all of the aftermarket KX3 heatsinks, the VE7FMN has the most surface area
and mass- read that, it will be the coolest albiet heaviest heatsink you can
add to the rig.  I have one on mine, run RTTY and PSK31 a lot and never notice
much in the way of heat at all with the heatsink.

Look at http://VE7FMN.CA for more info.

72

Howard Kraus, K2UD
---- Jim Ruff via Elecraft <elecraft@mailman.qth.net> wrote:
> I've been doing a lot of FT-8 using my KX3 and my KXPA100 at 20 watts, and
> have noticed that the KX3 is heating up quite a bit and is almost hot to the
> touch.  The KXPA100, while warm, appears to be okay.  Should I consider
> purchasing a heat sink for the the KX3? If so, what products in your opinion
> are the best?

Thanks,JimW7JHR

Sent from Yahoo Mail. Get the app

Message delivered to k...@roadrunner.com