That's my guess as well.

I went to Dayton last year, planning on picking up a Ten Tec 6N2 xcvr. Not one in the house. Quizzed the sales fellow at the Ten Tec booth, he gave me some story about non-leaded components (parts with no lead in them) being in short supply. It seems Ten Tec tries to use low or no lead parts to accommodate product laws in Europe. Yeah, okay, whatever. Not a word was said about them discontinuing the radio. A few months later, a phone call to Sevierville confirmed the 6N2 was no more.

I'm sure sales slipped because of all those DC-to-daylight rigs on the market. Why buy a 6N2 at $649, when an FT-817 could be had on the street for $50-$100 less?

73,
Russ
WB8ZCC

Scott Richardson wrote:
Perhaps a low powered 6m/2m CW/SSB with FM option rig would be a reasonable project? Something designed as a starting point for the VHF/UHF weak signal operators' basic radio.

Great idea, even without the FM option. TenTec discontinued its "6n2" rig. Insufficient demand?

Scott N1AIA