From: "Dave Heil" <k...@frontiernet.net>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: 8/13/2017 4:03:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] B&W Folded Dipole over an Armory

The U.S. Department of State uses many of these B&W folded dipoles in Africa and other nations with HF transceivers meant to be used by those with little or no radio operations experience. All the user needs do is consult a list of places and frequencies (which are all programmed into memory), key the microphone and talk. These antennas weren't made to work DX and neither were the transceivers. Any easy way to make up for the inefficiency is to switch on one of the 500 or 1000 matching amplifiers, none of which requires manual band switching or tuning up.

Dave K8MN