John,

The K3S does have protection on the RX ANT input. It is in the form of a COR (carrier operated relay) that will close in the presence of a high RF Field. While that protects the K3S, the relay clacking can be bothersome, so if you do hear that relay clacking, you may want to consider some form of external protection.

73,
Don W3FPR