Recently purchased a K-pod for my earlier vintage K3s kit.  I read about the
mod necessary to power up the K-Pod via the data connector.  I eagerly removed
the front panel and identified R82.  I carefully removed the chip resistor
(tiny) and considered how I’d mount it on top of R82 and solder both ends; I
needed a third hand.  Under magnification I noticed that something looked
“odd.”  R82 was standing taller than the surrounding resistors and the solder
terminations looked different.  Guess what?  Someone at Elecraft had already
done the mod.  The rig was in for service (bad output FET) previously so I
guess maybe it was done then (?).  Who knows.  In any event, thank you to
whoever did it!  My aging eyes thank you.  My unsteady hand thanks you … Once
again, service that exceeds expectations.  And yes.  I could have avoided the
removal of the front panel if I had just connected the data cable without the
separate supply voltage; never thought to do that …

Joe
W1GO