I'd wonder if best of several worlds might not just be a rackmount brain
that has the filters and SDR in it that could be stashed under the desk, or
in a shockmount crate for DXpedition use, and a separate remote like the
kpod, potentially available as a detachable faceplate for those who want
the buttons and knobs. Or perhaps take the k3s faceplate and use it as a
remote, possibly with a revved silkscreen to help handle new/extra
functionality.

$.02 from a new kx3 owner

--
Scott Small